An exciting opportunity is now available for a Community of Practice manager to join the ISFCOE team. This role will oversee the establishment of and the running of communities of practice which are an important output of the centre.
The Community of Practice manager will establish and manage these communities with membership from relevant representatives from IFSCOE members. The communities will promote and accelerate shared aims and objectives across key areas relating to sustainable finance. Initially this will include net-zero transition and climate related reporting and disclosures.
This is a permanent hybrid position with an immediate start, with the candidate having the option of working remotely or onsite on occasion as required. (Dublin city centre office location)
What is a community of practice?
A community of practice is a group of people who have an interest, passion, or concern in common and come together to learn more about it.
As the name suggests, communities of practice collaborate and communicate, sharing knowledge between one another as a community. They have a shared identity that’s built around their common interests and organisational goals.
Membership of these communities will include sustainable finance professionals who are members of the Centre of Excellence and may also include observers as relevant (observers include academia, industry, professional and specialist bodies).
The community of practice engagements will include a combination of regular formal and informal events including webinars, in-person meetings, breakfast briefings, networking events, email updates and onsite visits.
What is the International Sustainable Finance Centre of Excellence?
In order to support the goal of Ireland becoming a leading sustainable finance centre by 2025, the Sustainable Finance Centre of Excellence has recently been established. Aligned with government policy outlined in Ireland for Finance Strategy 2025, Irish National Sustainable Finance Roadmap and Climate Action Plan 2022, the Centre of Excellence is Action 1 of the roadmap.
With sustainable finance activity surging globally, it is planned that the centre will lead on research, specialist talent development, and advocacy activities aimed at supporting the design, development and launch of innovative financial mechanisms to facilitate the transition to a net-zero economy, in Ireland and further afield.
The Centre will aim to:
- Provide insight on best practice in sustainable finance
- Innovate new sustainable finance product solutions
- Provide suite of ESG qualifications and training to support upskilling
About the role:
This full-time role will see the establishment and management of 2 communities of practice initially, requiring comprehensive planning for upcoming engagements and events for the year ahead.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starting individual, who is confident and articulate demonstrating strong networking, stakeholder management and project management skills. The candidate will be working in a sustainable finance/climate finance area or team, ideally with 3-5 years’ experience.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Engaging with points of contacts from each ISFCOE member organisation, and further identifying each representative for the relevant CoP
- Regular short surveys are to be completed to capture feedback from participants in order to validate the themes and topics that will be covered
- Scheduling of all key engagements for the coming year (2023) to include hosting of in-person events, online sessions/webinars, and a schedule of written communications.
- Curation of events to include themes, content guest speaker/s and member contribution as required
- Creation of online portal or mailbox for centre members to put forward feedback/queries in advance of sessions
- Assist with the creation of required assets for communication and hosting of engagements, i.e. word doc templates, PowerPoint slides and other assets as required.
- Liaising with the communications manager, develop a communications plan for 2023 across media, social channels, and newsletter features, to promote the activities of the community and to highlight exemplars from across the member organisations.
Salary: €60,000 per annum, dependent on experience
Flexible and hybrid working available.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter to: email@example.com
An exciting opportunity is now available as Research Manager at Ireland’s recently launched International Sustainable Finance Centre of Excellence (“the Centre”)
What is the International Sustainable Finance Centre of Excellence (“the Centre”)?
In order to support Irelands goal of becoming a leading sustainable finance centre by 2025, and aligned with government policy in Ireland for Finance Strategy 2025, Irish National Sustainable Finance Roadmap and Climate Action Plan 2022 the Centre has recently been established.
It is planned that the centre will lead on research, specialist talent development, and advocacy activities aimed at supporting the design, development and launch of innovative financial mechanisms to facilitate the transition to a net zero economy, in Ireland and further afield.
The Centre will aim to:
· Conduct impactful research on current and emerging sustainable finance topics, market studies and contribute to international research.
· Provide insight on best practice in sustainable finance.
· Support the development of new sustainable finance product solutions.
· Provide a suite of ESG qualifications and training to support upskilling.
Purpose of this role:
The purpose of the role is to complete, manage and deliver a range of market leading research projects, from inception to the final report and dissemination. This research will directly impact the future direction of the Centre. The research will also support and inform the Centre members and provide input to national policy setting.
· Conduct primary and secondary research on relevant Sustainable Finance topics and produce associated papers and reports.
· Provide briefing documents and insights on relevant Sustainable Finance topics, backed up by high quality research and analysis.
· Manage outsourced research projects from drafting of Terms of Reference through to successful project delivery, to drive best practice outcomes and value for money for the organisation.
· Manage a number of key research partnerships with external organisations and act as a visible and articulate advocate for the Centre’s work to a range of audiences.
· Work closely with stakeholders to ensure that all relevant perspectives and views are considered and integrated into research plans.
We are looking for an experienced research professional with strong sustainable finance knowledge.
· Demonstrable subject matter knowledge of sustainability, climate change or sustainable finance issues.
· A strong record of executing research projects and delivering high quality business and policy insights.
· Excellent written English, with proven ability to research and write accessible, clear research reports for a diverse range of audiences.
· An independent thinker, self-directed, taking personal responsibility for the delivery of objectives and overcoming challenges.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with a high level of diplomacy, with an ability to engage different audiences.
· Five years experience working in a similar position within a sustainable finance environment combined with a strong track record of research achievement.
· Educated to master’s level, ideally in a sustainability or sustainable finance discipline.
· Experience of design and implementation of research strategy
Employment Type: Initially a 1 year Fixed Term contract
This is a full time role (37.5 hrs / week) with remote and flexible working options available. Qualified candidates should send your CV and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org